As Thanksgiving approaches, we asked some of our MobilityWare team members to share what they are most thankful for. Read on to find out.
“Thanksgiving to us is all about spending time with our families and reflecting on the past year and discussing why and what we are thankful for. We have a multi-cultural family so it’s one of the key holidays we get to celebrate by stuffing ourselves with traditional thanksgiving meal with a touch of Mediterranean flavor.”
– Orian Livnat: Product Owner
“I am thankful that, after many months apart, that I’ve been able to be able to spend time with my loved ones. Recently we had a reunion of sorts. allowing me to see members of my family I have deeply missed including some of our favorite furry friends.”
– Jill Wilder: Director of Human Resources
“The last two years of chaos and uncertainty have really put our values into perspective. I’ve never been more grateful for the strong bonds of friendship and family.”
– Jami Schomaker: Performance Marketing Manager
“I am so grateful for:
- Vaccines. Allowing us to start meeting and having team lunches and happy hour. Halloween festival was so much fun. Thank you for organizing. Also for my kids who now feel safer going to school with their friends.
- Card suite team. Apple Arcade was not in our 2021 plan. The team adapted to the new opportunity and we are bringing so much joy to players in Apple Arcade.
- Passion of the team. As we continued to work from home in a pandemic, I’m grateful of the team’s continued collaboration and compassion for each other. For collaboration, the art review and gameplay reviews continue to be candid discussions on the best experience for players. The team shows repeatedly its ability to iterate without attachment. For teambuilding, Steve Huber, recently held a team trivia night that was a blast. Eden Simpson hosts weekly games for 30m, making for a great afternoon break.”
– Joseph Young: Director of Product, Cards Suite
“I am “Thankful for the coworkers who are my friends????????”
– Laura Cox: Events Office Coordinator (pictured with Curtiss Murphy: VP of Engineering, Card Suite)
“As Thanksgiving approaches, I feel that I have so much to be grateful for. After a year fraught with several challenges, I am thankful for my parents’ health. My father recently was able to take his first walk in several months. Finally, as the world begins to reopen, I am thankful to be able to return to concerts and social events with my family.”
– Francesca Noli: Chief Product Officer
“Reflecting upon the past year, I am most grateful for my family and how the traditions we have passed down from generation to generation keeps us connected to each other and to the past. With my 93 year old mom and my new Granddaughter, Rylie Lyn Collins, life doesn’t get any better. We are blessed with good health, fabulous friends, and all the joys of the holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!”
– Carrie Collins: Administrative Assistant
“Very grateful for my happy healthy family!”
– Erin Jackson: Game Recruiter
“This holiday season I am most thankful for this little one here. With every day, my son is hitting new milestones and learning a little bit more about the world around him.. all with a smile!”
– Ryan Alex: Associate Product Manager
“Being grateful is more than just appreciating what you have, it is knowing what you have is all you really need. Tomorrow is never promised and taking time to reflect everyday on what a great life you have keeps so much in perspective. For me, I feel so thankful for the family I was raised in and the family I choose! The connections to the people I love mean the most to me and I don’t take any of those special people for granted.”
– Jessica Rickey: Employee Experience Specialist
“Trite as it sounds, I’m so thankful for all my friends and family– as they are respectively willing to have a Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving featuring a main course that isn’t turkey (the most overrated protein). I guess they’re also a great support group and bring joy into my life.”
– Adam Carr: Product Manager, Cross Promo
“I am grateful that, despite the challenges of the pandemic, I have been able to strengthen some of the most important relationships in my life. I look forward to spending the holidays with the people I love the most and celebrating numerous joyous occasions with them in the coming months and year.”
– Josh Goldstein: Social Media Manager
“While growing up I remember Thanksgiving always being the work of many hands coming together to pitch in while also, always expanding the limits of our table.
This past year I moved away to start a new adventure with my son, to find a different home and new friends, to expand our education and growth, and of course to push our limits. I wouldn’t have been able to do this without Mobilityware or the Monopoly Solitaire team who have become a whole new family.
And like always, I’ve been delighted to pitch in, make something beautiful, and share it with the world.”
– Nathan Karklins: Sr. Game Designer